Jayhawks on the Job
Employer Hosts - Sign-up to host students at your VIRTUAL location.
Students - Sign-up to job shadow by December 11th.
What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the Engineering Career Center that allows students to “shadow” an engineering or computing professional for an afternoon. Because this is a career exploration program, freshmen and sophomore students are given preference.
When is it?
During winter break: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 from 1:00-4:30pm.
Where is it?
Jayhawks on the Job takes place at the host organization's VIRTUAL location.
Objectives of the program:
- To provide students with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and their career goals
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with engineering and computing professionals
- To provide an opportunity for the engineering/computing community to interact with KU School of Engineering students
- Engineering and computing professionals are recruited.
Sign up is now closed for Jayhawks on the Job 2021.
Sign-up to host students at your location.
- Students register to participate.
- After final exams, we will notify students and hosts about their matches
- On the day of the event, students will meet through a video link to learn about their professional host's normal workday afternoon
- Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible
For more information, contact Kristi Kamm at email@example.com or 785-864-2920.