Jayhawks on the Job
Employer Hosts - Sign-up for our mailing list and get notified when employer registration begins.
Students - Sign-up to be notified when student pre-registration begins.
What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the Engineering Career Center that allows students to “shadow” an engineering or computing professional for an afternoon. Because this is a career exploration program, freshmen and sophomore students are given preference.
When is it?
One afternoon during winter break from 1:00-4:30pm.
Where is it?
Jayhawks on the Job takes place at the host organization's location.
Objectives of the program:
- To provide student with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and their career goals
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with engineering and computing professionals
- To provide an opportunity for the engineering/computing community to interact with KU School of Engineering students
- Engineering and computing professionals are recruited.
Would you like to host a student?
Sign-up for our mailing list and get notified when employer registration begins.
- Students pre-register to participate.
Sign-up to be notified when student pre-registration begins.
- Based on class level, students will have a designated time to select the company they would like to shadow at.
- Students accompany professional hosts through a normal workday afternoon
- Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible
For more information, contact Lindsey McCaig.