Next Career Fair: Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The Engineering Career Center sponsors Career Fairs during the fall and spring semesters. Target hundreds of students from a variety of engineering and computing disciplines and levels.
Location & Schedule Details
The fall career fair will be virtual using the Career Fair Plus platform on your device.
Kansas Union; 1301 Jayhawk Blvd., Lawrence, KS 66045
Setup: 8:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
Lunch: 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 P.M. at The Market, Kansas Union 3rd Floor
Fall Career Fair: 10:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
Spring Career Fair: 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Why should I attend the Engineering and Computing Career Fair?
- Increase your company's visibility on campus
- Fall attendance: 1,000+ students and alumni
- Spring attendance: 700+ students and alumni
- Screen candidates at the fair and take advantage of Next-Day Interviews
- Develop early connections with first-year students, Sophomores, and Juniors
- Collect resumes and build a pool of candidates for current and future hiring needs
Who will be there?
- Current University of Kansas students (any major)
- Previous students or alumni of University of Kansas (any major)
- Current students attending KU pre-engineering or dual degree engineering programs at Baker University and Washburn University
- Individuals who attended other colleges/universities may pre-register to attend by requesting reciprocal services.
Registration & Fees
Standard Registration: $2000*
Non-Profit/Government Employers: $100*
Extra Table: $0
Space is limited. If your display exceeds six feet in width, you will need to purchase an additional table for an added cost. We do not have "booths" or backdrops for behind the table. If you have any questions, please call 785-864-3891, or email email@example.com.
*A late fee of $0 will be added to any registrations after September 1.
- Lunch, beverages and afternoon snacks
- One six-foot table with a table cloth (companies may purchase additional table space if needed)
- Parking for company attendees
- Attendance for 3 company representatives (If you have more than 3 representatives, you will need to purchase an additional table)
- Advertising and administrative costs
Acceptable Payment Methods:
- Check: Please make checks payable to "Engineering Career Center"
- Credit Card: To pay with a credit card, click through to the secure e-commerce link on your invoice (available after you register)
Shipping Information: Prior to the Career Fair
Please time your deliveries so displays do NOT arrive before February 7, 2020. We absolutely cannot accept shipments prior to February 7.*
ATTN: Career Fair Display (please indicate Engineering Career Fair on the label)
Kansas Union, Room 458
1301 Jayhawk Boulevard
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045
Shipping Information: After the Career Fair
If shipping FedEx or UPS, the Career Center will arrange for a pick-up immediately following the Career Fair.
If you are using another shipping company, please contact your shipping vendor to arrange a pick-up time and provide your own shipping label(s). Please plan ahead so that displays are picked up no later than 6:00 P.M. on the day of the Career Fair.
Due to a change in policy, the Kansas Union can no longer store career fair materials as they have in the past. Materials can arrive no earlier than Friday before Career Fair week and must be shipped no later than 6:00 P.M. the day of the Career Fair. Any materials arriving or leaving outside of these dates will be assessed a storage fee of $5 per day, per box, by the Kansas Union.
Next-Day Interviews take place the day after the Career Fair (fall and spring). Interviewing typically goes on from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Next-day interviews will be held in the Burge Union.
Since you will already be in Lawrence, we invite you to take advantage of the convenient opportunity to interview the great students you meet at our career fairs. With Next-Day Interviews, you can create your own interview schedule as students stop by your display at the Career Fair. Invite the students who interest you to interview the next day, and select a time slot that is mutually agreeable.
We provide tables in a large room setting, free parking and lunch.
For questions about Next-Day Interviews, please contact Kristi Kamm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events Before the Career Fair
Fall: Evening With Industry
Prior to every Fall Engineering & Computing Career Fair, IHAWKe Diversity & Women's Programs hosts an Evening with Industry dinner. It is the evening before the fair at the Kansas Union, and for only $250, employers will have a unique opportunity to meet and speak with students over dinner and enjoy a guest speaker. Registering for the event is easy - you can quickly add it to your career fair registration by checking the appropriate box.
For further information please email email@example.com.
Spring: Board Game Night
Prior to every Spring Engineering & Computing Career Fair, employers are invited to participate in Board Game Night, hosted by the Engineering Student Council. It is held the night before the fair in LEEP2 and is a great opportunity for employers to network with KU Engineering students in a fun and casual setting. Board Game Night is free to attend! To register, just check the Board Game Night box on your career fair registration.