Jayhawks on the Job
Employer Hosts - Sign-up to host students at your location by November 18th.
Students - Sign-up to job shadow between November 18th and STOP DAY on December 9th.
What is it?
Jayhawks on the Job is an event sponsored by the Engineering Career Center that allows students to “shadow” an engineering or computing professional for an afternoon. All students of all levels are welcome to sign up.
When is it?
During winter break: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 from 1:00-4:30pm.
Where is it?
Jayhawks on the Job takes place at the host organization's location.
Students must provide your own transportation to the host organization's location.
Objectives of the program:
- To provide students with a focused experience that enhances their understanding of a particular field
- To provide an opportunity for students to learn more about themselves and their career goals
- To provide an opportunity for students to network with engineering and computing professionals
- To provide an opportunity for the engineering/computing community to interact with KU School of Engineering students
- Engineering and computing professionals are recruited.
Sign-up to host students at your location.
- Students register to participate.
- When students sign up, they do so on the Career Fair Plus app which shows job shadow opportunities by company and location. Students can sign up or cancel on the Career Fair Plus app until December 9th. After that date, they must email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel.
- On the day of the event, students accompany professional hosts through a normal workday afternoon
- Hosts are encouraged to involve students in as many activities as possible