Full-time Positions (typically in Industry)
Students may view various Salary Surveys compiled by National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) in the Engineering Career Center - 1410 LEEP2. The source of these salary surveys may differ - for example, the Winter 2020 survey incorporates date reported by employers, while the Fall 2019 survey is compiled based on data reported by colleges and universities.
- NACE Salary Calculator - hosted by the National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE)
- Salary link by Occupation & Location - through CareerOneStop.org (sponsored by U.S. Dept. of Labor)
- Starting Salary Projections for Top-earning Degree Levels (Class of 2020) - Provided by NACE
- Cost of Living - Provided by CNN
- Salary Projections Positive for Class of 2021 - Provided by NACE
- Starting Salary Projections climb for most 2021 Master's Major - Provided by NACE
- Five Rules of the College and Career Game - through Georgetown University Center on Education and the Workforce
- KU School of Engineering
- Faculty, Staff, and Adjunct positions - Provided by Chronicle of Higher Education
It can be helpful to consider the whole offer package when evaluating an offer. Information on salary negotiation, benefits, and the decision process.
Students may view the "2018 Guide to Compensation for Interns & Co-ops" by National Association of Colleges & Employers (NACE) in the Engineering Career Center - 1410 LEEP2.
- Intern Salaries up across all Degree Levels, Years - June 2018 - provided by NACE
- Key Factors to Consider when Setting Intern Salaries - Feb. 2018 - provided by NACE
The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provided updated information in 2018 regarding determination of employee status for interns or students.
- Dept. of Labor Fact Sheet #71: Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act - January 2018
- Position Statement: U.S. Internships - Revised August 2018 - provided by NACE